How To Change A Name

Please select the appropriate link below to review the instructions and petition for filing:

Petition for Change of Name

Petition for Change of Child's Name

Filing Fee: 

See Current Fee Schedule

In the form of cash, check, money order, made payable to Prothonotary or credit card)

Financial Assistance:

In the form of an In Forma Pauperis (IFP), which will waive the filing fee, is available for individuals with low income. 

In Forma Pauperis (IFP) Form

Certified Copies:

Filers should visit the Prothonotary’s Office after their hearing to receive certified copy of the name change.

Filers can also request certified copies of the decree through the mail. Please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope and a check in the amount of $5.75 per decree made payable to Prothonotary. 

 If you need further assistance, please call the Bucks County Prothonotary office at 215-348-6191.