Vote by Mail
Two Options to Vote by Mail
Not going to make it to the polling location on Election Day, but still want to vote? In Pennsylvania there are now two options which allow you to vote by mail. In order to request either an Absentee Ballot or a Mail-In ballot, you must be a registered voter.
If you are out of the municipality (in which you live) on election day, have a disability or illness, or if there are some other reasons you will be unable to go to the polling place on election day, you are eligible for an Absentee Ballot. In the application for your Absentee Ballot, you will be required to list the reason for requesting the ballot.
"On-Demand" Absentee/Mail-In Ballots
Registered voters can request an "On-Demand" Absentee/Mail-In Ballot during regular office hours at the Board of Elections office in Doylestown, and the two satellite offices in Quakertown and Levittown.
- Doylestown Office Hours - Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Quakertown and Levittown Government Service Center Office Hours - Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Please arrive well before closing time to allow our staff time to assist you. An "On-Demand" ballot is NOT "early voting". On-Demand ballots are absentee/mail-in ballots requested in-person at a County office and provided immediately rather than through the mail. An application must still be completed and submitted in person.
- The last day to apply for an Absentee/Mail-In ballot is Tuesday, October 31, 2023..
- If a registered voter did not apply on or before Tuesday, October 31, 2023, at 5:00 PM, for a Mail-In ballot, they must vote in-person on election day at their local polling place on November 7, 2023.
- Call the Bucks County Board of Elections office regarding emergencies occurring after 5:00 PM on October 31, 2023.
Important Information for Absentee/Mail-In Ballots:
DO NOT submit multiple applications! It delays the Board of Elections' ability to process new applications and slows down the mailing of ballots to voters residing inside and outside of Bucks County.
Please be advised that you are only allowed to return your own ballot, unless it is accompanied by an Authorized Designated Agent Form.