Three Generations of Stovers lived in Erwinna and four generations lived in Pipersville. They were all millers by trade, not only expanding on the millworks in Erwinna and Pipersville but purchasing and managing grist and sawmills up and down the Delaware River on both sides. They built and resided in many of the historic homes which have been preserved in Upper Bucks County including the Erwin Stover House, the Jordan Stover Homestead, and The Stover Myers Home across from the Mill on Dark Hollow Road.
The first born son of Jacob and Catherine Stover, Henry married Barbara Stout in 1810 and moved into the house across from the Point Pleasant Mill.
The eldest son of Henry and Barbara Stover, Jacob, married Mary Capner in 1854 and in 1859 bought the Erwin property in Tinicum from Henry.
John was the youngest child of Jacob and Mary Stover; Matilda (Tillie) was the firstborn of Jacob and Mary Stover. John, his wife Vergie and his sister Tillie moved into the Erwin-Stover house in 1930.