PA CareerLink® Bucks County offers cost-free services to employers through its Business Services Team. The Business Services Team is dedicated to serving our local businesses from all industries by identifying and recruiting qualified candidates to meet workforce hiring needs. The Business Services Team can also provide employers with access to grant money for training, labor market information, occupational outlook projections, and wage data (national, state, local) to ensure your business stays competitive.
Please also see Bucks County Dept. of Workforce & Economic Development for more business resources, including guidance on top industry sectors, employee demographics and more!
How to Get Started
The first step is to contact the PA CareerLink® Bucks County Business Services Team. That’s where you can register and be connected to a dedicated team member who will guide you every step of the way or direct you to the resources you need. Email us or call 267-580-3501 (for TTY relay dial 711), Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- PA CareerLink® Business Services manages your online business folder to tailor recruitment and referrals, all from a user-friendly dashboard
- Create job postings and connect with candidates for free
- Prescreen applicants
- Sort and filter by skills and qualifications to match with the right candidate
Job Assessment Services
Comprehensive assessment and matching services including CareerScope and eSkill:
- CareerScope measures a candidate's aptitude and interest through valid and reliable assessment tasks
- eSkill is a nationally recognized hiring tool that measures if a candidate can do the job and identifies training gaps
- Assessment areas critical to job success Include:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Technology
- Business Writing
- Locating Information
- Reading for Information
For New Hires: On-The-Job Training (OJT)
For employers who qualify, financial assistance may be available to offset the cost of onboarding and training a new hire.
- Maximum reimbursement per employee of $10,000 and the minimum hourly rate of pay is $12.50
- Maximum training period per new hire is 6 months; average training is 3 to 4 months
- Reduce the costs associated with training new employees
- Salary costs are reimbursed to you monthly; OJT reimburses up to 50% of wages
- Train your new employee for the skills needed to perform a specific job
- PA CareerLink® Bucks County On-the-Job (OJT) Training Packet (PDF)
Email Jessica Peterson for additional information.
For Existing Employees: Incumbent Worker Training (IWT)
PA CareerLink® Bucks County offers Bucks County employers the opportunity for reimbursement for providing third-party training to upskill qualified existing employees.
Incumbent training can improve employee skills, satisfaction and retention, reduce company downtime, and improve overall performance.
If you qualify for an IWT grant, you may be eligible for the following:
- Employer reimbursement between 50% and 90% of training costs
- Training for up to 20 employees per year
- Maximum reimbursement per employee of $4,000
If you’re an employer interested in implementing an Incumbent Worker Training program, we invite you to contact us by emailing PA CareerLink Bucks County.
“The Incumbent Worker Training program has been amazing and tremendous for us to help our employees get to the next level, and grow and scale their knowledge.”
- Michelle Carfagno, CEO & Founder
“PA Career Link® Bucks County is a great resource, especially in this recruiting environment. Finding good candidates can be challenging and expensive, so this has been a win-win solution. The ease of use and our success rate to identify and keep quality talent makes this one of our favorite resources.”
- Bonnie Steinert, HR Manager
PA CareerLink® Bucks County is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For program funding details in compliance with the Stevens Amendment, please visit www.buckscounty.gov/1825/stevens-amendment.