Board Vice Chair
Diane M. Ellis-Marseglia, LCSW, Vice Chair
Term: 2020 to 2023
Email Diane Ellis-Marseglia
Diane M. Ellis-Marseglia, LCSW, first elected in November 2007, began her fourth term on the Board of Commissioners in January 2020. A lifelong resident of Bucks County, she was raised in Lower Makefield, and now resides in Middletown Township. She is the mother of two children, Rebecca (deceased) and Katelyn.
Commissioner Marseglia holds a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice from the University of Delaware, and earned her Master of Social Work from the University of Pennsylvania.
Advocacy & Service
With a reputation for demanding responsible government spending, Commissioner Marseglia has advocated for greater transparency and ethics. Commissioner Marseglia accepts the responsibility for researching and vetting all county actions, and actively advocates for improvement or changes to policies and programs that are ineffective or inefficient to residents.
During her tenure, Commissioner Marseglia has:
- Championed programs including Code Blue, specialty courts, and Crisis Intervention Training
- Promoted dredging of the Delaware River at the Keystone Industrial Port Complex
- Improved response to mental health and substance abuse issues in the prison
- Led the county in developing a response to feral cats
- Helped to create the Suicide Prevention Task Force
Commissioner Marseglia, a clinical social worker, worked with children and families in Bucks County for more than two decades and brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to county government, where human services are a primary function.
- Commissioner Marseglia is the county representative to the:
- Bucks County Emergency Health Council
- Local Emergency Planning Commission
- Serves on the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency
- Teaches at Bucks County Community College
- She has also served her community on both the Neshaminy School Board and the Middletown Township Board of Supervisors