EMR Course Announcement - Perkasie
CLASS BEGINS: Monday, October 2nd, 2023 CLASS ENDS: Monday, November 13th, 2023
CLASS MEETS: Monday and Wednesday Evenings– 6:00 pm–10:00 pm
LOCATION: Upper Bucks Campus, Bucks County Community College, 1 Hillendale Avenue, Perkasie, PA 18944
COST: $375.00 for Bucks County students; $475.00 for Out-of-County students – includes EMR textbook, workbook, and CPR. This is the course fee regardless if you already have any of these materials.
ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: Students are permitted to miss only 8 hours of class
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR CLASS – TO BE PURCHASED BY STUDENT: blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, penlight and watch with second hand or digital watch (smart watches are not accepted)
UNIFORMS: Each student must wear the designated uniform to each class or run the risk of being sent home. The students must purchase their own navy blue tactical pants, black boots and black belt. (2) EMS training institute polos will be provided on the first night of class. Students can wear what they want on the first night as long as it is classroom appropriate.
PREREQUISITES: 1) Must be 16 years of age prior to enrolling in the course. Anyone under 18 or in high school must submit the Parental Consent Form with the Registration Form (forms can be found on our website).
COURSE INFORMATION: * Class size is limited. * Bucks County organizations have priority first, then Bucks County residents, followed by out-of-County organizations and then Out-of-County residents. * If you are not being sponsored by an organization, you must submit proof of health insurance (copy of card) WITH the Registration Form. *If you are affiliated with an organization, you must list this on your Registration Form and must be signed by the chief of the organization. If you are in the process of becoming affiliated with an organization, you must be affiliated BEFORE the registration deadline and your form must be signed by the chief of the organization BEFORE the registration deadline; otherwise, you will have to submit a copy of your insurance card.
COURSE REQUIREMENTS: During the course, students will be required to complete ICS 100, ICS 700, and Hazmat Awareness. Students will be given directions on how to complete this with the course confirmation paperwork. If the student already has the ICS 100, ICS 700, and Hazmat Awareness, they can submit a copy of the certificate when the course begins to fulfill this requirement. AHA BLS CPR will be provided during class as certification is required to pass.
ALL THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE BUCKS COUNTY EMERGENCY HEALTH SERVICES OFFICE (911 FREEDOM WAY, IVYLAND) WITH THE REGISTRATION FORM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE COURSE. APPLICATIONS WITH MISSING DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
1.Completed Registration Form – 2 pages – form can be found on our website, under Education.
2. Photo ID (Driver’s License or school photo ID).
3. Payment – Money orders will be accepted (made payable to County of Bucks) with mailed or dropped off applications. Credit/Debit cards will be accepted with online registration. NO PERSONAL CHECKS, BANK CHECKS, or CASH, are accepted. If organization is paying the course fee, we need a letter from that organization saying they will be paying the course fee. Faxed applications will not be accepted to hold a spot while waiting for payment. Refunds are only given if a student withdraws from the course before it begins.
4. Copy of Health/Medical Insurance Card or Organization Supervisor Signature.
5. . Parental Consent Forms (2) – If Under 18 – both forms can be found on our website. Click on Education & Certification; scroll down to the Student Release and Consent Form AND MOA Assumption of Risk Form
6. Copy of PA State Police Record Check – valid within the past 5 years; can be obtained at www.psp.state.pa.us; click on Request A Criminal History Record. Copy of email or screenshot from site proving you have submitted the request is sufficient for application, but the final clearance must be emailed or handed in person by first night of class.
7.Copy of PA Child Abuse History Clearance- valid within the past 5 years. You can access the website at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. You will need to “Create an Individual Account” and then create a Keystone ID, which you create similar to a User ID. When you get to the application purposed, you want to select “volunteer”, and then for category, select “other” and then choose “agency” and enter “Bucks County EMT Student”. This clearance can take up to 14 days to be processed. You will need to log back into your account and check the status. Copy of email or screenshot from site proving you have submitted the request is sufficient for application, but the final clearance must be emailed or handed in person by first night of class.
You may send an email to Ian at [email protected] inquiring if your registration has been received, but confirmation will not be given prior to registration deadline. We are not responsible for applications that we did not receive.
Completed registration form and all registration requirements are due in the Bucks County Emergency Health Services Office (911 Freedom Way, Ivyland) by FRIDAY, September 1st, 2023 3:00 PM