Bucks County General Services Division encompasses all operational departments under one umbrella. General Services consists of Parks and Recreation, Property and Asset Management, Skilled Trades, Construction/Capitol Projects, Bridges, Facility Maintenance and Operations.
To effectively and efficiently manage Bucks County's projects, assets and operations to the highest standards while serving and providing the public and county employees with safe, healthy and well maintained facilities.
- Provide a professional customer oriented environment
- Encourage and promote opportunities for growth and improvement through employee involvement
- Provide timely and accurate progress reports on all activities and projects
- Assure that investments in county assets yield increased productivity returns
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules to improve and maintain the infrastructure of all county facilities
- Manage all projects and operations effectively using human capital and technology to ensure the highest quality performance and efficiency
George Hutt, Director of Operations
As the county’s Director of Operations, George Hutt leads the Bucks County General Services Division in its mission to responsibly operate, maintain and improve county government campuses, assets and facilities.
Hutt joined the county in early 2023, bringing with him an expertise in building relationships between governments and construction agencies.
Drawing on his background in construction and labor relations, Hutt and his division navigate the challenges inherent to securing and providing top quality services while efficiently managing tax dollars. General Services touches every aspect of county government, collaborating on an array of projects with internal partners, as well as vendors, contractors and other outside agencies.
Hutt is a Philadelphia native who has called Lower Bucks home since 2013, and has been a fixture in the region for his entire career.
Over the years his work focused on the construction of roads, bridges and underground infrastructure, including numerous large projects throughout Bucks County.
From 2017 until January 2023, Hutt served as president of the Laborers International Union of North America Local 57. In addition, he was previously on the board of the Bucks County Water and Sewer Authority and Bucks County’s Workforce Development Board.