Area Agency on Aging
News and Upcoming Events
Medicare Open Enrollment
Medicare Open Enrollment runs between October 15th, 2022 and December 7th, 2022. This is a hard deadline so it is best to take care of it early.
It is vital to check what your Medicare plan will cover in 2023. Will it meet your health needs and budget? Will it cover the prescription drugs you need? If not, it it time to find a new plan. And be sure to check that your plan will be offered in 2023.
Part D and Medicare Advantage plan members can switch plans between October 15th and December 7th, 2022.
Get help from PA MEDI by calling 267-880-5700. Their highly trained counselors will help you to understand your benefits and provide you with free, unbiased information regarding plans for the upcoming year.
Annual Neff Symposium
The annual Neff Symposium will be held on October 20, 2022 at the Bucks County Community College (in person). The purpose of the 19th annual William J. Neff, Sr. Symposium on the Prevention of Crimes Against Older Adults is to bring together social workers, health care professionals, victim advocates, law enforcement officers and other professionals who work with older adults to provide education, heighten awareness, and facilitate better communication about elder abuse. This is a free event but space is limited.
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
Free Home Pick-Up Service
October 29, 2022 10 am - 2 pm
We will pick up your unneeded medications and sharps at your home for safe disposal.
This is a free service for Bucks County Residents that cannot access the public sites. Registration is required and space is limited. Registration will close once all available slots have been reserved.
- You cannot access a public drop site because of physical, medical or transportation limitations.
- The address scheduled for a pickup is located in Bucks County.
- You will be home from 10am-2pm on Saturday, October 29, 2022 to answer the door.
- Register by October 21, 2022
Election Season is underway way!
Here are some important dates:
|General Election November 8, 2022||Date|
|Last day to register before the November election||October 24|
|Last day to apply for a civilian absentee/mail-in ballot||November 1|
|Last day for County Board of Elections to receive voted civilian absentee/mail-in ballots (must be received by 8 p.m.)||November 8|
|In-person voting||November 8|
- Click here to download a Mail-In Ballot Application
- Click here to apply online for a Mail-In Ballot
- Click here to download an Absentee Ballot Application
- Click here to register online for an Absentee Ballot Application
- Click here to check the status of your Mail-In or Absentee Ballot application or ballot