Hunting & Fishing Licenses
General Hunting Licenses for the 2022-2023 season go on sale June 13, 2022. More information regarding hunting licenses can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Game Commission's website.
2022 Fishing Licenses are available for purchase now in the Treasurer's Office. More information regarding Fishing & Boating Licenses can be obtained from the Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Commission Website.
Sportsman's Firearm Permits
A person who is 18 years of age of older and is licensed to hunt, trap or fish, or has been issued a permit relating to hunting dogs, may apply for a Sportsman's Firearm Permit.
- Drivers License and Current Hunting, Trapping or Fishing License must be presented at time of purchase.
- Valid for 5 years from the date of Purchase
- Fee $6.00
Antlerless Deer (Doe) Licenses
The Pennsylvania Game Commission has new rules and regulations regarding antlerless deer licenses in the 2022-2023 season.
- The three-license limit per hunter has been lifted, provided that a hunter holds no more than six (6) licenses at a time
- Unlimited licenses for special regulation areas have been discontinued
- The price for each antlerless deer license is now $6.97 for Pennsylvania residents and $26.97 for non-residents
|June 13, 2022||General Hunting/Furtaker Licenses for the 2022/2023 season go on sale|
|July 11, 2022||PA residents may apply for one antlerless deer license by mail only. Up to three (3) applicants may submit using one official pink envelope, available at any issuing agent.|
|July 18, 2022||Non-residents may apply for one doe license by mail only.|
|August 1, 2022||Unsold 1st Round — Hunters may apply for one additional antlerless license in any available WMU by mail only. If a hunter was not awarded a license in the regular first round, two (2) applications may be submitted per hunter in this round.|
|August 15, 2022||Unsold 2nd Round — Hunters may apply for one additional antlerless deer license in any available WMU. If a hunter was not awarded a license in the regular first round, and first round unsold, three (3) applications may be submitted per hunter in this round.|
|September 12, 2022||Over the Counter Sales — Hunters may apply in person for any available WMU. There is a new personal limit of six (6) antlerless deer licenses at a time. Hunters may apply for additional licenses as they harvest a deer and report it. Hunters who report their harvest online through HuntFish.pa.gov or call 1-800-838-4431 will instantly become eligible to purchase another license. Those reporting by mail must wait for processing.|
Common reasons applications are rejected
Try to avoid these common mistakes to make sure your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Applying to soon. Applications received prior to the dates listed above will be returned.
- Reaching your personal limit. Avoid applying for more than one license on 7/11/22. You may apply for your second license as of 8/1/22 and your third as of 8/15/22.
- Expired hunting privileges. Be sure to renew your hunting privileges before applying. Senior Lifetime holders must renew their privileges each year.
- Incorrect payment. Please note the price increase in 2021 to $6.97 for a Pennsylvania resident and $26.97 for a non-resident.
- Combining payment for a group on one check. We recommend separate checks for each application so your group transaction does not get returned if we are unable to process all applications in the group.
55 E Court Street
5th Floor, Administration
Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: : 215-348-6244
Monday through Friday
8:15 AM - 4:15 PM
David M. BriaDeputy TreasurerPhone: 215-348-6251
Nicole A. Schuster2nd Deputy TreasurerPhone: 215-348-6249