What to Bring
Applicants Must Appear in Person:
All applicants, including minors, must appear in person when applying for a passport.
You may bring a completed (not signed) application along with the following list of items to help expedite your time in our office. You can locate the DS-11 form by clicking DS-11 Application For Passport
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO OUR OFFICE:
1. Certified Birth Certificate from the state where you were born:
- Please bring the original and one copy (front and back)
- Do not bring a “Notice of Birth Registration” or a Hospital Certificate. It must be a certification of birth from the state and it must have both parents’ names listed on the Birth Certificate. For more information on how to obtain a certified birth certificate, visit www.vitalchek.com
2. Proof of Identification:
- It is now required that all Applicants 16 years and older must present a valid government-issued identification (example; driver’s license/school ID card)
- All parties must bring the original ID along with a copy (front and back)
3. Two identical passport photos:
- Passport photos must meet official requirements as per the passport photo guidelines. (we do not take passport photographs in our office)
- For more information on acceptable digitized photographs, visit the U.S. State Department's Passport Photos page
4. Checkbook for the fees:
There are two separate fees for every person applying for a passport. All fees are set by the federal government. For information on the current federal passport fees, visit the U.S. State Department's Passports page.
Passport Fee: Must Be Paid with a Check or Money Order; Payable to U.S. Department of State
- Adult Passport Book 16 yrs of age and older: $130.00 - Check or Money Order
- Minor Passport Book under the age of 16: $100.00 - Check or Money Order
- Adult Passport Card 16 yrs of age and older: $30.00 - Check or Money Order
- Minor Passport Card under the age of 16: $15.00 - Check or Money Order
Execution Fee: $35.00 per passport application
The execution fee can be paid by credit card, cash, check or money order payable to Prothonotary. (Service Charges will apply when using a credit card)
*Applicable fees will be provided and payable upon request of Expedited services. Please see Expedited and Emergency Passport Service.
All fees are subject to change without notice.