Bucks Back to Work & Activities
Creative Business Loan Fund
In partnership with Bridgeway Capital and Community First, the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts is pleased to announce the launch of the Creative Business Loan Fund. This fund makes available $2.2 million in the form of affordable, flexible financing to small, creative businesses across the commonwealth.
Inspiration for creation of this fund stemmed from the PCA's awareness of a growing need for financial support for creative small businesses, which are important drivers of employment and economic vibrancy. Creative, for-profit businesses add to the state's economic activity and, if supported, will be positioned to play a critical role in helping Pennsylvania's cities and towns recover from the devastating effects of the pandemic.
The fund will prioritize creative businesses located in low-income communities, those owned by Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) or serving a diverse market, and those located in small towns and rural communities.
Under the program’s definition, creative businesses include craft manufacturers, arts schools, architecture, design and fabrication firms, media companies, and visual and performing arts production agencies.
Interested applicants in Bucks County may apply to the program through https://communityfirstfund.org/financing/covid-loans/start-a-loan/.. For more information on the program, remember to view the Creative Business Loan Fund Information Sheet.
Bucks Back to Work Small Business Grant
The Bucks Back to Work program was funded through the Federal CARES Act with the goal to lessen the financial stress that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused on Bucks Businesses. For questions regarding this program please email the Back to Work Program.
- Bucks Back To Work Evaluation Criteria FAQs (PDF)
- Bucks Back To Work Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Template (XLSX)
- Bucks Back to Work Small Business Grant Awards Business List, June 19, 2020 (PDF)
- Bucks Back to Work Small Business Grant Award Business List, July 1, 2020 (PDF)
- Bucks Back to Work Small Business Grant Award Round 2 Recipient List, October 7, 2020 (PDF)
- Bucks Back to Work Small Business Grant Award Round 3 Recipient List, December 2, 2020 (PDF)
State Occupancy Requirements
The Governor has passed new occupancy requirements for businesses in Pennsylvania. Please review the State guidelines for information on indoor and outdoor occupancy limits. If you have any questions, please direct them to the Office of the Governor.
From the Health Department
Keep in mind that State Guidance may supersede some County Guidance.
Please check with your respective school district for specific guidance on COVID-19 information.
- Current Bucks County Department of Health Guidelines for Food Establishments (PDF)
- Bucks County Department of Health Requirements for Outdoor Seating at Food Facilities (PDF)
- Guidelines for Faith Based Organizations (PDF)
- Guidance for Bucks County Personal Care Businesses in the Green Phase (PDF)
- Health Department Business Door Sign Printable Version (PDF)
For questions regarding the re-opening of businesses, please call 800-383-0371 or visit the COVID-19 Economic Resource Portal. Upon request, the Bucks County Chambers of Commerce, Bucks SCORE, Startup Bucks, and the Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers will provide additional guidance to businesses planning to reopen.