Fraud & Scam Alerts
The Bucks County Crimes Against Older Adults Task Force issues regular alerts on fraudulent practices and scams that could impact older adults. This information comes from local news sources and government agencies and is offered as a public service.
To see past Fraud Alerts, please go to the Fraud Alerts Archives.
Monthly Fraud Alerts brought to you by:
- A Woman's Place
- Bucks County Area Agency on Aging
- Bucks County Consumer Protection
- Bucks County Coroner's Office
- Bucks County Crimes Against Older Adults Task Force
- Bucks County District Attorney's Office
- Bucks County Register of Wills
- Network of Victim of Assistance
- US Department of Health and Human Services/Office of Inspector General
24 Hour Elder Abuse Hotline: 800-490-8505
Protect Yourself from Scams
- Never provide personal or financial information to an unknown source without verifying the authenticity.
- If you suspect you are on the phone with a scam caller, hang up the phone and contact the official agency or business the caller referenced by looking up the number independently.
- DO NOT call any unverified phone numbers that were provided by the caller, or received in a questionable email, letter, or voicemail.
If you provided personal or financial information, or made payment to the scam artist, contact your local police to file a police report. Consumers can also file a scam report through the Federal Trade Commission website.