What if the defendant or his family contacts me?

It is a crime for the defendant to harass, threaten or intimidate a victim or a witness in a criminal case. It is also a crime for the defendant or another person acting on behalf of the defendant to offer you money or some other benefit to alter your testimony or keep you from testifying. Should this occur, please contact the police department who brought the criminal charges or call the Victim/Witness Unit at 215-348-6292 or 215-348-6305 for assistance. 

Show All Answers

1. What is a subpoena?
2. What is a “stand-by” notice?
3. Do I need to be present in court?
4. What is the purpose of bail?
5. Do I need an attorney?
6. Can I drop the charges against the offender?
7. What if I move or change my phone number before the trial?
8. What if the defendant or his family contacts me?
9. When will I get my restitution?
10. Where do I park?
11. What if I have a complaint about the way a criminal case was handled or think my rights have been violated?
12. How do I find out if the Courthouse is open when the weather is bad?